[CAM] OT heraldry question

Jack Welsh alasdair at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 15:50:05 CST 2007

Hee, hee, hee...OK, fun with the College of Heralds(CoH)....

Yes, "technically" the rules say that you are not suppose to use real armory.  But the CoH does not check over every piece of historically registered armory.  So, you could get away with using it, unless of course you have a family like to a well known family like the Tudor's.  You could always make a single change to the armory and have a connection to the historical one but make yours personally.

But, we can have fun with a loop hope here...GENERICALLY when heraldry was registered in period, it was registered to a PERSON not a family.  However, sons, and rarely but sometimes daughters, used a variation or cadenced version of the father's armory for themselves.

Still a herald geek,
Alasdair