[CAM] WI Highland Games Demo Reminder

Viscountess Astrid of the Yellow Rose polaris.signet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 13:57:54 CDT 2008

I think that might be Blue Rose at 2... here's what it says:

*

Clan Area:
*

Adult's Single Stick Seminar 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Adult's Single Stick Competition 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Parade of Tartans 12:00 p.m.

Scottish Weapons Demonstration 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Celtic Warriors Demonstration 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Scottish Country Dancers 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

SCA Medieval Combat Demonstration 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m

On 9/5/08, Linda Moore <gwyneth1362 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The website for the games says we are fighting at 2:00 pm:
>
> *The Society for Creative Anachronism (S.C.A.):* The SCA is an
> international educational organization devoted to the study and re-creation
> of pre-17th century European and Middle Eastern cultures. There will be a
> combat demonstration on Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Clan Area Stage.
>
> Is that a typo?
>
> Gwyneth
>

> ------------------------------
>
> To: cam at minstrel.com
> From: wadams at humana.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:06:57 -0500
> Subject: [CAM] WI Highland Games Demo Reminder
>

> I want to thank everyone who has volunteered for tomorrow's Highland Games
> demo and table. I have just a couple of reminders:
>
> 1) Remember to bring your orange parking passes that I gave you.
> 2) Check in at the volunteer tent at the main gate (by the Arena building).
> They have a list with everyone's mundane name who has signed-up for the demo
> 3) We will be in the cultural area in the Forum Building from 9 am -6pm. We
> can arrive earlier to set-up. I will probably be there around 8 am.
> 4) We will have a 10 x 20 area, so will have plenty of space for people to
> work on & demonstrate A&S projects.
> 5) The fighting demo will be from 4- 5 pm in the clan area.
> 6) No outside food or drink. Since we don't have the pavilion to hide a
> cooler, if you wish to bring anything to eat & drink, you'll have to keep it
> in the car and get it during a break.
>
> See you all tomorrow.
>
> Arnbjorn

> which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive
> this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or
> destroy the material/information.

Astrid
Shy, Quiet, Demure Flower of Northshield  @->---

"Be kinder than necessary,
For everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

A Knight is sworn to Valour
His Heart knows only Virtue
His Blade defends the Helpless
His Might upholds the Weak