[CAM] Fabric

Julia Kathan fancy at wi.rr.com
Mon Apr 13 19:13:50 CDT 2009

The store further out in Brookfield is Calico Corners-don't let the name put
you off but it is still not exactly cheap. The staff is friendly and the
prices are not as high as Manhattan Textiles We only buy linen at Pennsic,
where it is cheap and you can see the colors and touch the cloth.  However,
there is a place called Sewing Central which is at Pennsic and on line at
www.sewingcentral.com. They are cheap and will send swatches. As for
brocades, wools and other luxuries, you have to drive to Vogue Fabrics in
Evanston or buy on-line, most of the online places will send swatches, try
www.fabricguru.com
I am very unimpressed by the local fabric stores-what good stores we did
have are long gone.
good luck, if anyone knows of a great local place to buy fabric I would love
to know, Fancy