[CAM] Curia Notes from Tuesday, April 21

Paul Knappenberger knappenp at jiffyscript.com
Wed Apr 22 09:42:22 CDT 2009

This information has been posted to
http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/curia.html

April 21, 2009
Baron and Baroness: Spring Court is May 2! Please submit award
recommendations!
Exchequer: Time to change banks, because ours wants to charge a fee. Will
do research and wrap this up via a phone Curia before the end of the
month.
Herald: Lots of things going on in the background. Arnbjorn is the new
Deputy Herald.
Minister of Children: Needs to talk to Albrecht about Border Skirmish.
(See "Border Skirmish", later on this page.) There will be childrens'
activities at May Moot - rhyming contest, candle making, etc. Note from
Seneschal: Need to make totally sure that we're set up for having kids on
site at events, to avoid potential problems down the line.
Chronicler: This is Arnbjorn's last Tower - the new Chronicler will be
Geffroi. Send articles by April 26. Arnbjorn is also making changes to the
Baronial Directory - hopes to have it completed by June or July.
Web Minister: Working on the Baronial Resources area of the site. Please
send me information about local resources: fabric stores and restaurants
have been covered, but we also want brewing and vintning supply stores,
embroidery supplies, leatherworking, pottery, glass, etc. Any craft which
requires shopping, we'd like to know where to shop for it.
Minister of Arts and Sciences: A&S night next Tuesday (April 28), 6 PM,
Shorewood library. Might have a movie for people to watch. There will be
an A&S competition at Baronial Championships.
Knights Marshal: We continue to have fighting. Need to have an outdoor
place as well - this week's practice will be at Kinnicinnic River Parkway
at 6 PM. Note also that we're about to change Kingdom Earl Marshals (from
Sir Tristan to Sir Gunther Kegslayer). Check out the new thrusting tip
rules.
Seneschal: Office is open. We actually have an applicant, but we can take
more than one...

Old Business:
Boar's Head: We need volunteers for Troll and a few other positions
(Rapier MIC, Herald, Cleanup Coordinator...). Meetings will start after
Border Skirmish.
Storage Locker Party: Monday, June 8, 5 PM - and don't be afraid to arrive
late. Actual location forthcoming.
Border Skirmish: The website is up and running. Need more volunteers - see
the website for more details. The city expects us to have a window of time
for the public to visit. The Northshield Pavilion will be there. We will
also have a silent auction for Aesa and Wilhelm to cover their personal
expenses. We will also have a children's Capture the Flag event happening.
(The kids will split into teams, strategize, design their own flags, and
play.) Need adults to wrangle that.

New Business:
Baronial Sunshade: Their Majesties have requested that each Barony make
their own sunshade, using a simple pattern that they will provide. More
details forthcoming. (Note: Check out Hamilton Dry Goods -
http://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/ - for inexpensive sunforger fabric.)
Taxes: We typically pay taxes at Border Skirmish. We intend to do so
again.
Castle Fever: People should go to this event. May 22-25. It's also a
ToC.
Highland Games: Sept 5-6 (Labor Day weekend). Should we do it as a demo
again?
Spring Court/May Moot: May 2. cooking outdoors! How to put up four
different styles of pavilion! Campers round table! Other stuff! Submit
award recommendations!