[CAM] First cooking night recipe

fancy at wi.rr.com fancy at wi.rr.com
Tue Dec 1 19:08:43 CST 2009

the oven was at 375 for this wonderful pie.
Fancy
---- Linda Skillings <1llinda-mom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> As requested by her highness, her is my pork pie recipe- I anxiously await the other two!

Mylates (or Malaches) of Pork- a combination of two translations from source: Forme of Cury
1 lb of pork loin, cubed
1/2 lb firm cheese, cubed
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t garam masala
pastry for 9" pie crust

One recipe says 350, one says 450. I'd have to ask Fancy what temp we used!
Brown pork over medium heat.
Line pie pan with crust, and add pork, pine nuts and cheese cubes.
Mix eggs with spices and pour over the meat and cheese,
Bake for 45 min to an hour, until bubbly and slightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.

Just a reminder- Next time's topic is almonds- anything with almonds. For a bonus- something your personna would have made in January.
-Eva