[CAM] Could the event steward for Yule Court please contact me

Dahrien Cordell dahrien at VIGIL1.com
Mon Dec 7 03:13:56 CST 2009

 > All activities should be done with one intention. That intention is to
 > realize our connection with all beings.
And that connection is FUN!!!

Fun playing, fun working, fun helping, fun being helped, fun going to Yule
Court this year!!!

http://caeranterth.org/Calendar/yule.html

Boar's Head is a Kingdom-level (not meaning Kingdom-sponsored) event; we
usually simply call those "Events".  People from all over come, and they
usually have bigger attendance and are more labor-intensive than local
happenings.  They're advertised in the Kingdom newsletter and website.

Yule Court is what we in Caer Anterth Mawr call a "Moot".  (The same word,
"Moot", is used differently in different local & regional groups throughout
the SCA, but here ...)  A moot is small local event, generally just
advertised and intended for us here in the Barony and any other friends &
visitors that show up or get invited -- the intention isn't exclusivity;
they're just not generally the bigger productions that events are, and they
aren't advertised on the NS website or kingdom newsletter.  Sometimes our
moots are day-long affairs, and sometimes they are set up to last just an
afternoon & evening, or just an evening.  They can be general-interest SCA
with a bit of everything, or specific-focus (like our "Let's Have Fun With
Metal" day some years back, or Championship Tourneys), or even just
socializing & a potluck dinner.

Yule Court this year is being managed by Countess Gwyneth Felton, and while
she is indeed worthy of respect and love, her title is much more impressive
and over-awing than she ever tries to be.  You can talk to her to ask any
questions you might have, too.

 From the web page I linked above:
---
The Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr Presents:
Yule Court
Saturday, December 12, 2009
St. Edmund's Anglican Church, Elm Grove, WI
14625 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove

Festivities start at 4:00 pm
---

A number of planned activities, Yule wreaths, Yule logs, Re-Gift Exchange,
Wassail Cups, Story-telling, company, and I just heard from a little birdie
that Boar's Head's chief cooks are bringing gyro meat, and spaghetti, to add
to dinner!!!  Check out the web site for even more details, and meet me
there, Lane, and others!

-- T(Wa)E Baron Dahrien "No I didn't *quite* wear my new coronet to bed"
Cordell  =)