[CAM] Oh...

Dahrien Cordell dahrien at VIGIL1.com
Mon Dec 7 03:31:42 CST 2009

Wow!  That letter caught me off guard, and now I'm just chuckling and
laughing uncontrollably, Lane :))) .  Well, we'll have to meet at the Yule
Court, Like I just said.  Even if we both wind up at fighter's practice
tomorrow; I'll see tomorrow night how recovered I am from a long weekend
(which started with 2.5 hours of sleep on Thursday and about three [or maybe
four?] hours on Friday and no expected naps Sunday :) ).  I gotta say,
though, I had a blast all the way through: From, yes, the new Baronial
status my wife and I enjoy and being given the chance to "pick up the ball
on the roll" to present Margaret Malise with her coronet -- Awesome,
Siegfried, super job, thanks for that kind of chance!! --  to designing and
running the kids' game called "The Queen's Spy" with Druscilla Galbraith &
Leif Leifsson & Alexander son of Nikea (you know, all that Court biz took
away from my time to finish last-minute prep *before* the announced game
time ;> ), and hearing reports back from my machinations later, and seeing
Kou Toshikage at last recognized as a Laurel (with ceremony for induction to
come later) and Eva's Cygnus, and Julianna's, and Ginevra's (f.k.a. Izzy)
AoA, and love and teasing, and later on going to be at Sarra Romney and
Chandler Grayfeather's wedding (where, no we did *not* wear the Coronets;
it's THEIR day) and reception (where we did; it's THEIR day of whimsy and
delight, with wind-up toys and a PlayStation and dancing and a bardic circle
and flying balloons and a song from Chandler to Sarra sung by his Mom the
lyrics of which were about six minutes of scat + "You're the one" + more
minutes of scat to finish WOO), and getting back home eventually to a bardic
circle in progress in our living room, and making a lemon cake YAY 'cause I
could and I was peckish :) , and getting to sleep eventually some time
before the sun came up.  Yeah, a blast of a weekend.

Umm, ahem, like I was saying originally, I'm playing tomorrow's practice by
ear, but either way, I'll hope to meet you at Yule Court.  Your enthusiasm
for Our Little Hobby is evident, and I look forward to meeting another
enthusiast.

So, *chuckle*, I need to ask, I need to:  What prompted this thought, and
the letter you sent for just that purpose to the list :) ?  Yeah, you caught
me off-guard.  (Does this mean I'm some kind of famous?)

I Sign,
-- T(Wa)E Baron Dahrien "Did you know that a coronet and a convincing
attitude combined with tinted windows will keep an aggressive man from
bothering you further at the gas station?" Cordell  =)