[CAM] At Yule for the Youts....

Wesley Adams bwa22 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 11:58:59 CST 2009

"Youts" is "Youths" with a thick New Jersey accent. Here's a quote from "My Cousin Vinny", where Joe Pesci, a first time New Jersey lawyer, is defending his cousin in an Alabama courtroom (taken from IMDB):

Vinny Gambini: It is possible that the two yutes...
Judge Chamberlain Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?
Vinny Gambini: Uh... what word?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Two what?
Vinny Gambini: What?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Uh... did you say 'yutes'?
Vinny Gambini: Yeah, two yutes.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What is a yute?
[beat]
Vinny Gambini: Oh, excuse me, your honor...
[exaggerated]
Vinny Gambini: Two YOUTHS

Arnbjorn