[CAM] Storytelling Contest at Yule Moot

Mary Waller druid at wi.rr.com
Tue Nov 17 09:44:57 CST 2009

Gentles,

    The Third Annual Master Solomon ben Jacob Storytelling Contest will
be held at Yule Moot on December 12, 2009.  Master Solomon was an
honoured and long time member of the Barony of Caer Anterth.  He held
many offices, took many responsibilities, and was an upstanding citizen
of this Barony.  But we remember him best for his loving kindness and
concern for us all, for his unfailing good cheer and good advice, and
for the wonderful treasure trove of stories he shared with us over the
years.  He was founder of the Brewers and Vintners Guild, too, so a
goblet is an apt prize for this memorial event.

    Think about the best story you know -- and think of Master Solomon
and his (in)famous stories, sacred, profane, and silly (sometimes all at
once) -- and be ready to tell it at Yule Moot.  You don't need to be a
citizen of Caer Anterth to enter; after all, Master Solomon was known
throughout this Kingdom and the Middle Kingdom for his skills, stories,
encouragement, and good cheer, and nobody was a stranger to him.  Nor
stranger than him, for that matter.

    The prize is . . . . ta DA . . . a fine pewter goblet engraved with
your name and announcing that you are indeed the winner of the Master
Solomon ben Jacob Storytelling Contest.

    You can let me know if you plan to enter, OR you can just show up on
the night and come forth to edify and amuse us.

    Questions?  Email or phone me (414-352-2212).

Gwynedd merch Megan o Fon